Saturday, March 2, 2013

Let's Talk about Short Sales... But only for 2013

While perusing Facebook and catching up in what my friends across the country were doing I ran across one Tucker Griffin and Barnes' postings which talked about the Debt Forgiveness Act. Forgive me if I sound like I am quoting, and I guess in many ways I am, but Bill tucker is a lawyer in Charlottesville with over 30 years experience leading the Firm's Real Estate Group in all manner of Real Estate related issues. Tucker Griffin and Barnes is an excellent firm with a stellar reputation that, despite being a full service law firm, has managed to stay focused on their community.

Homes for Sale in the Belmont Neighborhood of Charlottesville

What he pointed out in this posting was that the Debt Forgiveness Act has been extended to December 31, 2013. This allows homeowners who are are at risk of foreclosure - upside down on their mortgages and going through financial issues that could make them fall behind on payments - to have an opportunity to sell the home they are in while avoiding being taxed on the "forgiven" debt. This is an incredible boon to any family that is feeling trapped in a home that they bought at the peak of the market that they can no longer keep up with after the recession.

For the full posting from Tucker, Griffin and Barnes, click here

If you or someone you know is falling behind on their mortgage payments or at risk of foreclosure, a short sale offers you unique opportunities to get a fresh start without having to file bankruptcy or pay an enormous tax bill. For more information, contact me at 434.242.6212 and I strongly recommend that you read the link above.

Condominiums for sale in the City of Charlottesville

If you are looking to Buy a Home, Sell a Home or Invest in Real Estate, call me -

Quinton Beckham
Keller Williams  Realty
434.242.6212
www.select-homes-charlottesville.com

Quinton Beckham



No comments:

Post a Comment